Personal blog

This is my personal blog. Here I post my opinions and feelings on any subject I have a desire to. I do not expect you to agree with anything I have to say, all I ask is for you to respect that this is my opinion. If you have the need to comment please do so.

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Family, Those who you can always count on

So todays blog is obviously all about family. Family for me are the people that I am related to by blood but also those that I choose to call family.  Now here is the kicker, not all of those I am related to do I consider family, nor are all of my friends considered as such. For me, family consists of those that are either blood related or I choose to call family, that I know no matter what are going to be there for me and always have been.

For instance, I am currently having some financial issues that I need some help with. I talked to my brother this morning and asked him if he could lend me some money. He was the only one I asked and the only one I would ask for a couple of reasons. First, I know that he would give me the shirt off his back if I didn't have one, and second I know that he is the only one who has the ability right now to lend me money. I'm not saying that there aren't others out there who would help me, but there are usually stipulations and judgement involved. With my brother there isn't any of that. That is true family.

Another example of family is those really close friends that you can always call on when you need some advice or just a shoulder to cry on and they don't judge you for it, they sometimes give you advice but also know when the time is right to do so. They understand that sometimes you don't want or need advice at the time you just need someone to listen and give you a shoulder to cry on.

Family also knows that sometimes things slip your mind and instead of getting mad at you for not calling and keeping in touch, they instead call you and see how you are doing. Or just call you to say hi and hear your voice. They are the ones that no matter how much you smile and fake happy, no matter how good you are at it, always knows when something is wrong and won't give up until you tell them. They always seem to just know, no matter how quiet you have been about things going on in your life, they just know. Family also has no problem telling you when you are being an ass, or overreacting, or just fucking up and they have no qualms about telling you, no matter how angry or pissed off you may get because they know that you will realize what they are saying is true and you will apologize for  treating them badly when they were trying to help you.

So you see, family doesn't have to be only blood related, family is and always should be the combination of those in your life that you can trust and go to for support when you need it and advice, or just a shoulder to cry on. That is what true family is.

So in closing I just want to say thank you to all of you that are my family, you know who are. And if you have to think about whether or not I consider you family, then more than likely I don't. The Gods bring many people into your life and they always bring the good with the bad, but remember they always bring family into your life to help you combat the bad.

Love and Light
Brightest Blessings to all of you

3 comments:

  1. Should I ask if you consider me family or not? Damn, I just have no clue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummmm.... not sure who you are Silvkreah. If I knew who you were I could answer that question for you, but ummm yeah as I don't remember who you are I can't sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow...now I'm hurt. Think about the name and what the background of your blog is...

    ReplyDelete